Browse our collection of from-scratch comfort food recipes from the 1940’s, 50’s, 60’s and 70’s featuring classic mid century handwritten recipes with occasional modern updates included. Have fun with our rat-pack era cocktails for the modern mixologist. Enjoy our mid century glasses and dishes and take yourself back in time — to the future!
Check out our newest recipes, cocktails and mid century dishes and glasses!
- Classic Mai Tai Cocktail Recipe
- Simple Baked Spaghetti Recipe (Spaghetti al Forno)
- Simple Lentil Soup Recipe
- Simple Blue Hawaii Tiki Cocktail
- Homemade Beef Stroganoff with Egg Noodles
- Watergate Salad – So Good, it’s Scandalous!
- The Pink Squirrel Valentine’s Day Cocktail
- Vegetable Barley Soup is A Healthy Cold Weather Meal
Find by Category …
Browse by category to find recipes or cocktails. Check out the mid century dishes we use in “Let’s Dish!”
Looking for a particular recipe or drink?
Use the Search bar and dive right in!
Main Dish Recipes
These classic main dishes are as filling as they are delicious.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Chicken Vesuvio is a Delicious Italian Dish Native to Chicago
- Super Bowl Chili Is The Perfect Football Food
- Taco Casserole With Beef, Beans and Cheese
- Southern Style Chicken and Dumplings
- Beef Burgundy Stew – Warm Comfort on a Cold Night
- The Best Baked Potato Soup
- Penne Pasta in Vodka Sauce, aka Penne Alla Vodka
See more main dish recipes →
Mid century cooks created the most tempting desserts ever!
- Cherry Cobbler
- Coconut Pound Cake is a Tropical Tasting Treat
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
- Austrian Crescent Cookies With Powdered Sugar Topping
- Southern Pecan Pie Bars – The Best Bar Cookies Ever!
- Cranberry Whipped Cream Salad
- Light and Flaky Butter Cookies
- Cranberry Pudding With Butter Sauce – A Tasty British Dessert
See more dessert recipes →
Mid Century Cocktails
Drink like you mean it with these classic cocktails that stand the test of time. Check out how to build a classic bar with essential tools and glasses. Explore a host of different drinks that movies and television have inspired, along with some of our personal favorites.
- The White Russian Cocktail is Coffee-flavored Goodness
- The Cuba Libre Cocktail is a Revolution in Good Taste
- The Daiquiri Cocktail is a Sweet Taste of the Tropics
- The Rum Collins is Good Enough to Die For
- The Margarita is a South of the Border Delight
- The French 75 is Pure Elegance in a Glass
- The Americano Cocktail is a Delicious Classic
- The Maple Manhattan is a Sweet Take on a Classic Cocktail
Get going in the morning with these hearty family favorite breakfast recipes!
- Bacon and Asparagus Quiche
- Fast and Easy Homemade Kentucky Biscuits
- Cranberry Orange Quick Bread is a Festive Holiday Treat
- Banana Nut Bread – Old Fashioned, Easy and Delicious!
- Hollywood Monastery Pumpkin Bread
- Mashed Potato Pancakes Make an Easy and Delicious Breakfast Side
- Kentucky Style Biscuits and Gravy – A Southern breakfast favorite
- Corned Beef Hash From Scratch is the Best Breakfast Around
See more breakfast recipes →
We’re always making updates to our classics, so feel free to check back here often.