The sweet and tasty classic Screwdriver cocktail is a brunch must-have!
2 ounces vodka
4-6 ounces fresh-squeezed orange juice
2 bar spoons of simple syrup (optional)
spritz of soda water (optional)
3-4 dashes orange bitters (optional)
- Add a scoop of fresh ice to a highball cocktail glass.
- Pour in the vodka, orange juice and simple syrup.
- Stir the ingredients with a bar spoon to mix well.
- Add a couple of dashes of orange bitters.
- Lastly, give a spritz from a soda bottle or pour some club soda into the drink to give it a little sparkle.
If you don't want to squeeze the oranges yourself you can use a store-bought brand, but pick one that is low in sugar and features some pulp for an authentic taste.
You can muddle some orange peel in the cocktail glass for an extra-intense taste.
Keywords: vodka cocktails, brunch cocktails, orange juice drinks, classic cocktails, screwdriver drink