Sweet vinegar and oil salad dressing is a twist on the classic version. It's ideal for enhancing fruit salads, as well as sweetening up bitter ingredients.
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 teaspoons sugar
- Stir salt into vinegar until salt is dissolved.
- Add vegetable oil to vinegar.
- Stir in sugar.
- Pour into a jar or cruet with a lid; shake vigorously before pouring on to salad.
- You can double the recipe for 8-10 servings
- Use apple cider vinegar in place of white vinegar
- Use red wine vinegar in place of white vinegar
- Use balsamic vinegar in place of white vinegar
- Add a dash of black pepper
Keywords: salad dressing, vinegar and oil, sweet salad dressing, old fashioned salad dressing, fruit salad dressing