2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cold butter
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vaniila
6 oz. Heath Bar chips
1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour and powdered sugar in a food processor and pulse a few times until mixed.
- Cut butter into cubes, then add to mixture in food processor and pulse until it is evenly distributed and looks like small beads.
- Using the back of a large spoon, pat into the bottom of greased 13 x 9 in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. When you remove it from the oven the crust will be moist, light in color and partially baked.
- In a large bowl, beat the sweetened condensed milk, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in chips and pecans until fully combined.
- Spread evenly over crust and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Cool, then cut into bars. Store in sealed container.
Keywords: Christmas cookies, bar cookies, holiday cookies, old fashioned cookies, old fashioned desserts, mid century cookie recipe