1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2-1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup roasted salted peanuts, finely ground
Set aside a small plate with granulated sugar (about 3 tablespoons.)
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer until consistency is fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spatula, mix in peanut butter, then add flour, baking soda, and baking powder, stirring by hand.
- Fold in ground peanuts.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a cookie scooper or tablespoon, roll cookies into evenly sized balls roughly 2-inches in diameter, then roll the balls in granulated sugar.
- Place on a non-stick cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Using the back of a fork, press down on the cookie to flatten it and make a criss cross design.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to turn a light golden brown.
Be careful not to over bake or the cookies will be crunchy rather than soft and chewy.
Keywords: Christmas cookies, holiday cookies, mid century cookies