1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter, powdered sugar, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and oil, mixing until fully combined.
- Mix in cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Using a spatula, fold in the flour just until combined. Do not mix more than necessary.
- Roll into small balls, or use a cookie scooper to form balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
Add a teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract for an extra flavor boost in your cookies.
Keywords: Christmas Cookies, Dessert Cookies, holiday desserts, holiday cookies, old fashioned butter cookies