Crab rangoon's rich garlic and scallion infused cream cheese & crabmeat filling in a deep fried won ton wrapper is a tasty Polynesian appetizer!
6 oz can fancy white crabmeat, drained
8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3 green onions, minced
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
2 quarts vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, crabmeat, garlic, green onions and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place 4 individual won ton wrappers on the counter. Dip your finger in water and run it around all 4 edges of each wrapper.
- Place a small dollop (about 1 tablespoon) of cream cheese mixture in the center of each.
- Bring two opposite corners of the won ton wrapper together and pinch, then bring the other two together and pinch, until the won ton wrapper is tightly closed.
- Place in oil making sure the won ton is fully covered, and fry approximately 2 minutes until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl lined with a paper towel. Repeat until all won tons are fried, and serve immediately.
You can substitute a small shallot for the green onions
You can use a steak sauce (such as A-1) in place of the Worcestershire sauce