This mid 1800's classic cocktail combines the holy trinity of cocktail making: spirit, sugar, and citrus to form a smooth, satisfying drink that oozes old school charm.
2 ounces Bourbon
1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
3/4 ounce simple syrup
one small egg separated
- Add the egg white, bourbon, lemon juice and simple syrup into cocktail shaker. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Add scoop of ice to shaker and shake vigorously for another 15-20 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe glass and top with a Luxardo cherry for garnish.
You can make this drink without the egg white if you like
If you are unsure how to separate out an egg yolk, just follow these simple steps:
- Crack fresh egg over a small bowl.
- Grasp a half of egg shell in each hand and pour the egg yolk back and forth between egg shells letting the egg white separately fall into the dish.
In order for this drink to work, you must not get any yolk in the drink mixture.
Keywords: egg white cocktails, once upon a time in Hollywood, movie cocktails, 1950's cocktails, bourbon drinks,