The suave Martini is a mid century favorite cocktail with deep roots in films and books. It is a refreshing, simple cocktail best enjoyed ice cold.
Two scoops of ice
1-1/2 Ounces Gin or Vodka
1-1/2 Ounces Dry Vermouth
Olives or a lemon twist for garnish
- Place two scoops of ice in cocktail shaker
- Pour in spirit and vermouth
- Cover with lid and shake vigorously for several seconds
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Add garnish of olives or lemon twist
- (optional) Add two bar spoons of olive juice
You can play around with the amount of vermouth you add to the drink, but 50-50 is considered optimal. Feel free to experiment and add more vermouth for an Upside Down Martini.
If you add bar onions the drink becomes a Gibson, which is also delicious.
Keywords: Vodka, Gin, James Bond, 007, Vesper, Martini, Martini & Rossi, Olives, Dirty Martini, Mad Men Cocktails, Mad Men Martini, Shaken not Stirred Martini