3 very ripe large bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup sugar
8 tablespoons butter
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Mash bananas with 1 tablespoon of milk in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs, then mix in with butter and sugar.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to bowl, and mix just until fully combined.
- Add in the bananas and mix until fully incorporated into the batter.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts, then pour into greased 9 x 5" pan.
Bake at 350 degrees 55-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Use a 9" x 5" pan or the baking time may vary
If you want to add spices, try adding any combination (or all) of the following to the batter: 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cloves
Keywords: Banana Walnut Bread, Banana Quick Bread, Quick Breads, Spicy Banana Nut Bread, Old fashioned banana bread